Mar 4, 2014

Blue bridge

Although popular believe indicates differently, we dogs DO see color. Maybe not so many as humans do but nevertheless we can tell the difference between the grass and a poop from another dog. You humans can see the entire rainbow spectrum; violet, blue, blue-green, green, yellow, orange and red. The rainbows me and my brothers and sisters see is a bit more dull; dark blue, light blue, gray, light yellow, darker yellow (sort of brown like poop probably) and very dark grey.
In order to be clearer and to make this learning experience fun for the whole family I opt to write my observations in the shape of a poem:

The grass is grey
The sun yellowish
Throw the ball to me
The blue one please
The red I don't see

In the picture below you can see sort of what I see. The blue is quite dominant but that is okay, it is my favorite color and as it turns out also my dad's! ;) What is your favorite color?


So what did the humans learned today? Get your dog blue toys, not red ones!


To read more in-depth click here

1 comment: